**A completed application and all required supporting materials must be received by the Graduate School no later than our deadline in order for your application to be evaluated.**
Our admission deadline is December 1st.
Please note GRE’s score submissions are not required.
The Department requires the following items (attach all items to online application):
- A current curriculum vitae
- A statement of intent/letter of professional goals. This letter should clearly state which Anthropology Graduate Program (Archaeology, Cultural Anthropology or Evolutionary Anthropology) you are interested in and who you are interested in working with.
- Official transcripts of all post-secondary education must be sent directly from the institution(s) you attended to the Graduate School (You may attach unofficial transcripts to application).
- Three letters of recommendation. As part of the on-line CollegeNet application you will be asked to supply contact information of three references. CollegeNet will contact your references and electronically collect letters of recommendation.Tip -**After a week check with your references to make sure that they have been contacted**
- For students with an M.A. or M.S., you must submit a copy of your thesis or master’s research paper directly to the department..
- For students with a B.A. or B.S., you may submit one or two undergraduate papers to document your research and writing abilities.
The departmental required items listed above (except your master’s thesis if applicable) should be attached to online application. Also, if you are a student with an M.A. or M.S. please email your thesis or master’s research paper directly to the Anthropology Department Academic Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Graduate School Requirements
The Graduate School requires the following:
- Submit on-line application($75 application fee). The department will automatically receive a copy.
- Official transcripts from colleges/universities from which degrees have been granted or are expected, including your last 60 semester hours or 90 quarter hours of undergraduate work. Transcripts must be sent directly from the institution(s) you attended to: Graduate School, Washington State University, PO Box 641030, Pullman, WA 99164-1030.( Do not send duplicate copies of transcripts.)
Additional Requirements for International students
Please ensure the application form has been completed by our department deadline:
- Complete the Application Form, if recommended for admission the applicant must submit financial verification. Available on-line at the Graduate School Website:Application Information
- Submit official TOEFL scores taken within the last two years. You must have a minimum score of 550 on paper-based or 213 on computer-based exams for consideration as a graduate student.
Review our program pages for specific information on your program area. We ask that all applicants review our research areas and consider who might supervise their research. We recommend that prospective students contact any faculty with whom they may wish to work before applying. Also, please feel free to contact our Graduate Coordinators for more program information
Note: Graduate students enter our programs in the fall semester.