**A completed application and all required supporting materials must be received by the Department no later than our deadline in order for your application to be evaluated.**
Our admission deadline is January 10th.
The Department requires the following items:
- A current curriculum vitae
- A statement of intent/letter of professional goals. This letter should clearly state which Anthropology Graduate Program (Archaeology, Cultural Anthropology or Evolutionary Anthropology) you are interested in and who you are interested in working with.
- Official GRE scores taken within the last five years. Please take your exams in time for the Department of Anthropology to receive your official scores by the deadline, January 10th. (It usually takes at least 1 month for us to receive your scores) WSU’s institution code is 4705.
- Official transcripts of all post-secondary education must be sent directly from the institution(s) you attended to the Graduate School . (Do not send duplicate copies of transcripts.)
- Three letters of recommendation. As part of the on-line CollegeNet application you will be asked to supply contact information of three references. CollegeNet will contact your references and electronically collect letters of recommendation.Tip -**After a week check with your references to make sure that they have been contacted**
- For students with an M.A. or M.S., you must submit a copy of your thesis or master’s research paper directly to the department..
- For students with a B.A. or B.S., you may submit one or two undergraduate papers to document your research and writing abilities.
The departmental required items listed above (except your master’s thesis if applicable) should be sent to: Graduate School, Washington State University, PO Box 641030, Pullman, WA 99164-1030. One exception is, official GRE scores will be sent from ETS to WSU if you have used the institution code of 4705. Also, if you are a student with an M.A. or M.S. please email your thesis or master’s research paper directly to the Anthropology Department Academic Coordinator at email@example.com.
Graduate School Requirements
The Graduate School requires the following:
- Submit on-line application($75 application fee). The department will automatically receive a copy.
- Official transcripts from colleges/universities from which degrees have been granted or are expected, including your last 60 semester hours or 90 quarter hours of undergraduate work. Transcripts must be sent directly from the institution(s) you attended to: Graduate School, Washington State University, PO Box 641030, Pullman, WA 99164-1030.( Do not send duplicate copies of transcripts.)
Additional Requirements for International students
Please ensure the application form has been completed by our department deadline:
- Complete the Application Form, if recommended for admission the applicant must submit financial verification. Available on-line at the Graduate School Website:Application Information
- Submit official TOEFL scores taken within the last two years. You must have a minimum score of 550 on paper-based or 213 on computer-based exams for consideration as a graduate student.
Review our program pages for specific information on your program area. We ask that all applicants review our research areas and consider who might supervise their research. We recommend that prospective students contact any faculty with whom they may wish to work before applying. Also, please feel free to contact our Graduate Coordinators for more program information
Note: Graduate students enter our programs in the fall semester.